Monday, February 22, 2010

Weasel in the Snow.

Went looking for the local Steller's Sea-eagle yesterday but no luck. (It was last seen on Friday as far as I know) Anyway, it was a beautiful day and I got some firsts. The highlight of the day for me for sure was my first ever weasel. A Japanese Weasel (Mustela itatsi) to be precise. "Itachi" -Japanese.

I was most impressed with this little beauty. ....and got as many pics as I could before she/he disappeared.


My other first was the Great Spotted Woodpecker (below). I saw both a male and female from a distance but only photographed the female. (Hopefully I'll get closer next time)


Actually, I took over 500 photos for the day. Struth. An unusually big haul for me. It's gonna take a while to get through them. (All at Fukushimagata, Niigata)