Saturday, March 6, 2010

Three Files from 2005. A rainy day post.


After two decades of SLR film photography, I was excited to get my first DSLR back on the evening of July 12, 2005. I didn't take it out until the next day. My first shot was a high Black-eared Kite. The second shot file # IMGP0002 above: A Black-eared Kite resting on a bridge along the Shinano River, Niigata. -A golfers' driving range in the background. The camera is a Pentax *ist DS with what's still my favourite lens, a Pentax SMC 400mm f5.6 ED. The same kit I took to Shiretoko the following year. I wish Nikon will hurry up and release something similiar to the 400mm. (Post edit: Whoops, I forgot. The top Black-eared Kite pic was with a Sigma 170-500mm lens)

Other photos I was happy to get that year was a Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker at Sakata, Niigata in the August:


and a Common Kingfisher at Fukushimagata, Niigata in the October: