Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ladies of the Trees



Ravensbourne National Park

Lookout and picnic area

Queensland, Australia

December 31, 2013


Thank you for visiting the Stoop Files in 2013. I really enjoyed your visits and comments.

For the last day of the year, Kevin and Kay Williams and myself started early on a damp and misty morning at Ravensbourne National Park then headed down the Great Divided Range where we ran into Mick Atzeni who was also out birding. We ticked 105 species for the one day, and I clicked 467 exposures on one camera and a handful on another.

At Ravensbourne, numerous birds were flying in and out of the above pictured tree where I guess they were getting fruit then taking it into the forest at the right. Bad light for photography but a very beautiful place to visit. 

I hope you have a super 2014 and find many birds that thrill you!

-Russell



Superb Fairy-wren

female
Regent Bowerbird

female
Amphibian eggs at the base of a damp tree
Deer
When we were heading down the range

I read that there are 6 introduced deer species in Australia. (Of course none are native)
I'm guessing this is a Red Deer but I'm not sure. If you have a better idea I'd be grateful to know.