Monday, February 22, 2016

The iWants

Northern Goshawk

Adult

Hyoko, Niigata, Japan

February 21, 2016

Sony RX100iii held up to a Nikon ED50 field scope

I didn't bring an adaptor!



I want a big new spotting scope. Either Zeiss, Swarovski, or Leica will do.  The above goshawk looked fantastic through my little scope but I imagined a nice, intimate portrait with snow and dead reeds would have been nice. Looking through my scope the breeze was blowing the reeds in and out of the way and the soft feathers on the hawk's chest were fluffed up. The goshawk was interested in the ducks on the water and its yellow eyes peered through the reeds, sometimes almost directly at us. 



Nikon D7100 with Nikkor AF-S 300F4


Black-eared Kite




I got ready with my D7100 and 300 f4 when it looked like flying anf it came right at me. I messed up though, the camera just got stuck on the background.





I lost focus after this shot and didn't regain it until it had almost passed me.



Rock Dove
 I only brought my little scope and D7100 with the Nikkor 300 f4. These photos show why I like that set up. I wasn't ready for the goshawk.

Anyway. It was a fruitful outing.
Northern Pintail

female

Northern Pintail

male

Common Pochard

Whooper Swan



Eurasian Teal

male