Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Saturday Morn

Barn Swallow

Junsai-ike, Niigata, Japan

April 13, 2013

Last Saturday morn Mr Honma and myself visited Junsai-ike from 7am til it started raining at about 10. I felt cold and called it a day. Typically it became fine and warm once I got home and packed up the camera. 

Some blossoms about but also bits of melting snow under the hedges etc. I think when the weather became finer it would have been too crowded with humans for birds. 







We saw this lost bunny when we arrived. It's haunted me since. I should have tried to catch it.









Black-faced Bunting female

Thought this was an Eurasian Siskin female however, many thanks to Pat Moll with the comment below

I think: first time for me to ID these.

male Black-faced Bunting

ID thanks to Pat Moll, comment below.

Great Spotted Woodpecker female



Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker

Common Moorhen